Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Basement Tapes: See Them Like You Do


Two years have somehow passed by, seemingly in an instant, since I unveiled "When He Comes for You."  I recently decided to finish up this music video, which I had started and then abandoned sometime back.  It's not that I didn't want to finish it, it's just that I thought that no one would actually care whether I did it or not.

Enter Jean Strothman, who had listened to the first two songs I had posted to YouTube, and liked them well enough that she asked me to do more.  That was the only impetus that I needed, and I finished this one up in a couple of days.  Thank you, Jean.

Click here to view on YouTube: See Them Like You Do, or tap on the arrow below to watch it here.

I believe the guitarist on this song was the incomparable Todd Stratton, though my memory is hazy on the subject.  Dave Roff also contributed to the production of the song, and the rest was on me.

I remember sitting on a dike next to a river in Elkland, Pennsylvania, basking in the sunshine as I worked out the lyrics of the song.  I confess, to my shame, that I was actually more interested in the subject of the second verse than I was in the pursuit of holiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment